RE: Node 0, Cable/ADSL, B&O

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Node 0, Cable/ADSL, B&O
  • From: "Brian G. Reynolds" <brian.g.reynolds@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 23:19:07 +0100

Sorry guy's I never replied to this Cable modem bit earlier, I did not have
time to read the posts so I emailed the lot to myself at work and read them
in my lunch break but cannot post to the group from there due to my work
email address not registered with Yahoo.

Anyway the point, I think the cable modem was/is an excellent choice, even
the 24/7 connection time alone would make it well worth the cost, but as
for
the speed, I am well pleased with it but as I went from a dial-up Modem to
the cable jobbie I cannot comment on the speed differences with other
systems, sorry, of course if anyone is passing and would like to drop in
and
make a decision they are more than welcome.

B.

Thanks

> Re: Cable modem - apparantly there isnt a digital service available in
the
> area, only analogue.
> Will this make any difference to the cable modem?
>
> The telephone main line comes into the garage, and the node ) is
> also here,
> but the computer is in the office on the first floor.
> Does the cable modem socket / ADSL socket have to be near the
> computer, i.e
> on the first floor, or can it remain in the Node0
> and then can we connect from node0 to a Cat5 socket?
>
> Sorry, another question to the group!!
>
> I have B&O equipment, which is now quite old but works fine, but
> due to not
> a lot of disposable funds at present and in order not to junk it, I
was
> wondering if I can carry on using it now the Cat5 cabling has been
done in
> the house.
> How do I get IR signals to it. I have 2 hand held B&O remote
> controls ( one
> of which is the LCD "see thru" type ), and two larger
'coffee table' size.