Node 0, Cable/ADSL, B&O

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Node 0, Cable/ADSL, B&O
  • From: "Vijay Vithani" <vijay.vithani@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 23:03:28 +0100

<P.S. - The patch panel was sent out to you today :)>

Geraint, THANKS A LOT.
It arrived in the morning and SWMBO was in to receive it, and told me when
popped in home at lunchtime.
Sorry I couldn't thank you earlier - I got in late from work and have been
trawling all the messages from the group! :)

Many thanks too for advice on the computer. Since then, I have left it on
24
hrs a day.
Its really convenient, bcos as soon as I get up, I go straight to the
computer, still not fully awake, and press "send/receive" to get
the groups
messages!

<I know Brian has this config, so he may be able to tell you his
thoughts\findings etc.>
Brian, if you get this perhaps you can give me your thoughts etc. Thanks

Re: Cable modem - apparantly there isnt a digital service available in the
area, only analogue.
Will this make any difference to the cable modem?

The telephone main line comes into the garage, and the node ) is also here,
but the computer is in the office on the first floor.
Does the cable modem socket / ADSL socket have to be near the computer, i.e
on the first floor, or can it remain in the Node0
and then can we connect from node0 to a Cat5 socket?

Sorry, another question to the group!!

I have B&O equipment, which is now quite old but works fine, but due to
not
a lot of disposable funds at present and in order not to junk it, I was
wondering if I can carry on using it now the Cat5 cabling has been done in
the house.
How do I get IR signals to it. I have 2 hand held B&O remote controls (
one
of which is the LCD "see thru" type ), and two larger 'coffee
table' size.
( the equipment #'s are 5500 and 5000 Hi-Fi stacking systems, in case it is
relevant! )

Cheers, and thanks
Vijay