RE: moving away from the remote-control paradigm

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: moving away from the remote-control paradigm
  • From: "Mark Harrison" <Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 17:45:43 +0100

I also have a wife who's remarkably tolerant of quite large amounts of
CAT5 cabling trailing through the house, and seemingly unlimited numbers
of computer/networking/audio components in various stages of
construction/deconstruction all over the place ;-)

I think that the next room to tackle might be the en-suite shower room
(aka MY bathroom.) This has four occupancy modes:

- Using the basin (shave, clean teeth, etc.)
- Using the loo (possibly 2 separate modes, maybe)
- The cleaner coming in and cleaning it
- Having a shower

Probably a simple PIR may cope with the first three, but perhaps some
humidity sensing device, or perhaps a pressure switch on the underside
of the shower tray for the other?

Mark Harrison
Head of Systems, eKingfisher

****
Kingfisher plc
Registered Office: North West House, 119 Marylebone Road, London NW1 5PX
Registered in England, Number 1664812

This e-mail is only intended for the person(s) to whom it is addressed
and
may contain confidential information.  Unless stated to the contrary,
any
opinions or comments are personal to the writer and do not represent the
official view of the company.  If you have received this e-mail in
error,
please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this
message
from your system.  Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or
disclose its contents to any other person.  Thank you for your
co-operation.
****