RE: moving away from the remote-control paradigm

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: moving away from the remote-control paradigm
  • From: "Broadfoot, Kieran J" <Kieran.Broadfoot@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 16:19:24 +0100

My original intention was to build the sensing components into my flat and
have them monitor the house for a period of time.  This information can
then
be used to help analyse how components such as lighting etc are used.  On
the premise you already have in place most of your functionality such as
lighting etc it should be reasonably easy to start logging these x10/ir
requests.  Also a pen and paper and some analysis of the way you live/move
in your house might also be a good start.

Thanks
kieran

p/s if anyone is in the profession of psychology or behaviouralist (sp?)
then they might be able to shed some light on any academic methods for
determining this kind of information. might be an interesting research
topic
in itself.