Re: Home Vision Question

On Wednesday 08 August 2001 10:16 am, James Monk wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience of the 'blue-dot locks"
(i-button) door
> locks
>
> https://store.ibutton.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=2506&pr
>m enbr=776
>
> How do locks such as these or VisAccess stand regarding Home
insurance?
> Most insurers seem to want BS approved 5-lever deadlocks, it would
rather
> negate the appeal for me if I still had to use the existing lock as
well!

Not sure about insurance or anything, but I'm on the iButton dev list and
there seems to be some problem at Dallas/Maxim at the moment. Stocks of all
iButton & 1-wire products, especially the hardware such as the door
locks &
com port adaptors seem to be on very long lead times (we're talking months
here). I'm not sure if the door lock is even in production any more.

There have been the usual excuses from the company about not expecting this
much demand etc, but there seems to be something else at the root of it
all.

Lets hope iButtons/1-wire survive as they are a damn good tool for us DIY
automators.

--

Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@xxxxxxx>
-