Re: Home Vision Question

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Home Vision Question
  • From: geraint@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 21:06:57 -0000

The lock circuit diagram has listed NO, C, NC....but on the board
itself only has a + and -  (and neither of them are on the contacts
it shows)

The VisAccess system does do a temporary latching, so that part would
be ok.

So I am still a little confused as I don't really understand relays
too much.

I have therefore the following :

>From the ViaAccess a positive and negative wire, this feeds 12v on
proximity, and 0v the rest of the time.

I have the lock circuit board which even though it doesn't have a
molex header, I could still solder onto the circuit board

1 +
2 -
3 NO
4 C
5 NC

so any ideas what goes to what ?

Many Thanks

Geraint (erm, very confused, think i'll stick to building servers)

wrote:
> > > A relay could do that, or a digital input and output from
Homevision

> > > Keith

be
great
> > if I
> > >     could invert that, so that 12v went through all the
time,
but
> > when
> > >     the key was held up, it went to 0v.
> > >
> > >     Wonder if Keith has any ideas on that ?
> > >
> > >     thanks
> > >

> > >     --- In ukha_d@y..., geraint@a... wrote:
> > >     > Not got a homevision or even played/seen one.
> > >     >
> > >     > I have just got the first of my electronic locks
for the
> > doors...
> > >     >
> > >     > after all the messing around, I have left the
standard
five
> > lever
> > >     > mortice locks in, but have now purchased
electromagnetic
ones
> > for
> > >     > daytime convenience.
> > >     >
> > >     > The circuit takes 12v (via transformer) to power
the
magnet,
> > so I
> > >     was
> > >     > thinking the easiest way was to hook this into an
Appliance
> > Module,
> > >     > wether plug in or Din Rail, so that I could switch
off the
> > circuit
> > >     > thus allowing entrance.
> > >     >
> > >     > Is there a way in Homevision to run a macro off a
housecode ?
> > >     >
> > >     > Then I could send an x10 signal to turn off the
appliance
> > module,
> > >     but
> > >     > then say 5 seconds later it would turn back on
again, thus