Re: Re: LD module mounting

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Re: LD module mounting
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 15:37:10 +0100

>If I remember, as i'm doing this at the moment.
>
>the AD10 is equivalent of 2 mcb's in width
>the LD10 is equivalent of 3 mcb's in width.

Excellent info - just what I needed. - thanks!

>As others have pointed out, it is worthwhile leaving a spacer gap
>between two modules together as in :
>
>space - module - module - space.
>
>This is becuase the LD10 can get quite hot and if it cannot vent it
>tends to stop working.
>I've not had one fail on me yet, but I do know they do get warm when
>dimming.

OK, makes sense, - I presume that only the LD10/11 is prone to heating due
to the dimming function?

In which case, is there an argument for alternating AD's & LD's, so
that two
(or more) LD's are not adjacent to each other?

>I actually use 20way flushmount metal MK consumer units.
>I have 4 in node 0, plan that they will cover the main house as it is
>at the moment. If I do add an extension, then i'll add others then. I
>have created the node 0 design so that either 2 or 4 more units can
>go in.

This is *just* for the master bedroom lights, although I suppose some
expansion space for a couple of other units would never be a >bad<
idea!

Cheers.

Paul G.