RE: Re: [OT] Laptop IDE drive used in desktop?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: [OT] Laptop IDE drive used in desktop?
  • From: "Mark McCall" <mark@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 18:49:50 +0100

Thanks for the info Jason and Phil.

M.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Lee [mailto:jasonjlee@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 06 August 2001 17:45
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxxSubject: Re: [ukha_d] Re: [OT] Laptop IDE drive used in desktop?

Um, forgive me if i'm wrong, but I have had a couple of 2.5" drives go
through my hands, and they didn't use the standard 4 pin power and 40 pin
IDE cable.

And they were both made by IBM.

I picked up a cable locally that adapts a normal 40 pin IDE connector and 4
pin power to the 2.5" ide drive... I will take it apart when I have a chance
and double check who the manufacturer is. I believe it was some popular
cheap brand, but the name escapes me. I was actually very surprised to find
one.

Oh BTW, steer clear of the adpater listed on DABS (if it is still listed) as
its not what it appears to be, and WILL NOT do this job.

Hope this helps Mark