Re: Networking HA PC

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Networking HA PC
  • From: "Dan James" <UKHA@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 15:40:33 -0000

> 2.	I only intend on leaving PC1 running 24/7 but occasionally
would
> like to issue X10 commands from PC2.  Is it possible to
"map" the
port to
> which my X10 controller is connected to on PC1 to let PC2 control
it? If so
> how is this done?

Or look at using a piece of software such as Laplink or PC Anywhere
to connect to the other PC over your network and contol one from the
other.

You occasionally see full product versions of these pieces of
software given away on PC mags, usually the previous release but
perfectly fine for simple screen control.

What HA software are you using? - the simplest way of doing this that
springs to mind is to use Homeseer and its built in web interface,
then you can connect to it across your network and control that way.

Regards

Daniel