NOW : Enough!, WAS : RE: Re: (Mark ?)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: NOW : Enough!, WAS : RE: Re: (Mark ?)
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 08:34:25 +0100

Come on children, lets all play nicely together! If you don't then I'll
have
to smack your bottoms and put you all to bed without tea and crumpets.

Everyone's entitled to their opinions. Tim likes to see proper use of
English in mails and I must admit that in a business email so do I. I have
seen far too many emails bouncing around at work (that may or may not end
up
forwarded to clients) that have bad spelling or bad grammar (usually both)
and that annoys me - it looks bad on the company and on the employees.

****HOWEVER****

This is a (generally) friendly little newsgroup and - like any
relationship - I'm sure we all have habits that wind each other up a bit. I
know that I certainly do tend to drop my checking of messages before I send
them out knowing that as long as you all understand the meaning of what I
want to say then that's enough. We have many different people here with
many
different personalities and the mix works well providing what at times
becomes stimulating and productive discussion but this mix can also provide
opportunities for locking horns too.

I've been on the receiving end of criticism from Tim over the years - I
think we first "bumped" into each other on one of the home cinema
newsgroups
about four years ago and I seem to remember that one of our early
"discussions" became quite aggressive - and I now remember that
Tim has
strong opinions and is willing to back them up quite vocally. This is not a
bad thing and I hope that if anyone here wanted to take a pot shot at me
then I'd try to stop it becoming a flame war even though the criticism
would
hurt.

Now, please, let's leave it alone. Tim, please accept that people don't
necessarily want to use "proper" English grammar and spelling
here
(everyone, you should try deciphering some of the messages on the E10
section of Phil Askey's digital photography board!) as it's an informal
forum, and to everyone else, can we all go back to being pals? (Before we
start trawling through the messages archives flagging up each others
previous bad spellings and dodgy grammatical constructions when the whole
point of this group is supposed to be discussing Home Automation!)

I'd really hate to see this become even more of a pissing contest than it
already is and even more so I ate to see friends fighting for no reason ...

Cheers

Phil