Re: Re: (Mark ?)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Re: (Mark ?)
  • From: Calum Morrell <calum@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 00:47:12 -0400

Geraint, can I just say that I don't give a stuff how many comma's or full
stops you use. I'm only interested in the content, not the packaging.

I also find I learn by reading replies to other peoples questions, and
DO NOT want list members like Geraint to be put off from asking because
they
are concerned they may become attacked by biggots of any type.

Maybe someone [Timothy?] could explain to me what 'proper english' is, as
Ian has already pointed out that the language is constantly evolving. Maybe
someone could post an email in 'proper english' from the 17th century? I
wonder how easy that would be to read ...

<timothy.morris@i...> wrote:

> [...]
extreme as
> this.
> > > It's a shame that the only times I see mail from you is when
it is
> > > critical about someone else's findings or ideas, especially
when
> they
> > > do not follow your own interpretations.
> >
> > Really? After Alan tried what I suggested I posted a follow-up.
> Firstly I
> > made some suggestions about repeating the test with slightly
> different
> > equipment, and secondly I admitted that maybe I was wrong the
first
> time,
> > and that I would repeat the same test again at a later time. In
> fact I'm
> > going to get hold of an HF-8, which is very highly regarded, and
> get Phil
> > Harris to come round, and with a bit of luck the cable supplier
> too. I've
> > been a member of this list for several years now, and have done
> more than my
> > fair share of helping.
> >

> > > This group has been more than friendly and on many occasions
> people
> > > on here have got me a fix to a problem very quickly.
> > > It's a shame you cannot therefore participate in the spirit
of
> what
> > > these groups are about instead of putting someone down.
> >
> > I can. All I did was ask that you make your posts easier to read,
> and you
> > responded further down the thread with snide comments - which
> always seems
> > to be the way when people who are too lazy to write reasonably
> formatted
> > English are criticised. I realise that not everyone is a genius
> when it
> > comes to English, but it isn't that difficult to take just a
little
> more
> > care over what you write to make it easier for others to read.
> >

> > > I apologise now to the group if they don't like me using
multiple
> > > commas, fullstops, spelling or any other gramatical errors,
but I
> do
> > > have better things to do then check my typing when asking a
quick
> > > question or just replying to such like.
> > >
> > But you're obviously not too busy to make snide comments. All I
did
> was ask
> > you to lay off on the commas.
> >
> > Tim.

Calum Morrell
The Morrell Group
Tel : 0709 214 1538
Fax : 0870 131 5408

"For as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any
conditions be brought under English rule. It is not for glory, nor riches,
nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which
no honest man gives up but with life itself." From The Declaration of
Arbroath 1320.