RE: Re: (Mark ?)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: (Mark ?)
  • From: "Timothy Morris" <timothy.morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 23:42:58 +0100

So am I.

> Quite sad that you have nothing better to do than check on gramatical
> errors in e-mail.
> I would have thought the content of mail would be more important, but
> I guess not.

I really couldn't give a fuck about your grammar, if I did, then I would
never be able to read any public forum on the Internet, all I ask is that
you make your posts easier to read.

> But of course I don't object to opinion, even ones as extreme as this.
> It's a shame that the only times I see mail from you is when it is
> critical about someone else's findings or ideas, especially when they
> do not follow your own interpretations.

Really? After Alan tried what I suggested I posted a follow-up. Firstly I
made some suggestions about repeating the test with slightly different
equipment, and secondly I admitted that maybe I was wrong the first time,
and that I would repeat the same test again at a later time. In fact I'm
going to get hold of an HF-8, which is very highly regarded, and get Phil
Harris to come round, and with a bit of luck the cable supplier too. I've
been a member of this list for several years now, and have done more than
my
fair share of helping.

> This group has been more than friendly and on many occasions people
> on here have got me a fix to a problem very quickly.
> It's a shame you cannot therefore participate in the spirit of what
> these groups are about instead of putting someone down.

I can. All I did was ask that you make your posts easier to read, and you
responded further down the thread with snide comments - which always seems
to be the way when people who are too lazy to write reasonably formatted
English are criticised. I realise that not everyone is a genius when it
comes to English, but it isn't that difficult to take just a little more
care over what you write to make it easier for others to read.

> I apologise now to the group if they don't like me using multiple
> commas, fullstops, spelling or any other gramatical errors, but I do
> have better things to do then check my typing when asking a quick
> question or just replying to such like.

But you're obviously not too busy to make snide comments. All I did was ask
you to lay off on the commas.

Tim.