Re: Starspeeder Satellite Internet (Mark ?)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Starspeeder Satellite Internet (Mark ?)
  • From: geraint@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2001 21:34:34 -0000

Sorry, after years on the net, this is the way I type,,,it's more=20
like a force of habit,,,,and i use the multiple commas etc as a pause=20
in e-mail conversation.

I don't work in "propa" english, I just communicate in garble.

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Timothy Morris" <timothy.morris@i...>
wrote:
> Geraint,
>=20
> You might think I'm being picky, probably because I am, but could=20
you try to
> only use one comma or full stop at a time please????
>=20
> Tim.
>=20

if=20
the
> > signal begins to drop, it drops the speed automatically so you=20
don't
> > get disruption to service...
> >
> > only thing i can see is that the speed may drop down to near isdn
> > levels, but at least it's in the right direction.
> >
> > Main problem as Mark pointed out though, is IF BT will install
it.
> > I have heard via the grapevine that the current adsl rollout=20
finishes
> > in sepetember, and if you have not got it,,,you aren't going
to=20
get
> > it for the forseeable future.
> >
> > Basically, BT have to justify the massive outlay and balance this
> > against future returns,,,and at the last count they were =A330=20
billion
> > in debt, whereas they prefer sub =A310billion.
> >
> > I sympathaise as I run my own business, but I just wish the
> > government would invest and then the whole UK could use
> > broadband....I fear we are getting left behind by the rest of=20
Europe

wrote:
> > > Alright - "whatis.com" tells me that RADSL is
"Rate Adaptive=20
Digital
> > > Subscriber Line" - anyone want to tell me what's
really=20
happening?

> > > I talked to tele2 - no dice.  there's a place called
"Purley"=20
in my
> > line
> > > of sight to the Tilehurst water tower from the house
we're=20
moving
> > to in
> > > Pangbourne, so no wireless DSL for Matt.  Satellite looks
like a
> > bust,
> > > too. ISDN is looking like the most likely alternative.
unless=20
you
> > guys
> > > have some great news about what RADSL is and how it works!
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Matt

distance=20
limit.
> > > However, being on a rural exchenge dear knows how long I'm
gonna
> > have to
> > > wait for availability.
> > >
> > > I've tried the 24/7 ISDN thing and been kicked off two ISPs.
> > think if
> > > you pay Demon 40 quid a months though you can have true
always=20
on
> > ISDN.
> > >
> > > Satellite does seem a bit flakey still although StarSpeeder
is=20
much
> > > better than EON ever was.
> > >
> > > M.

happened=20
> > > EuropeOnline.....
> > >
> > > nice that they give a months subscription, but I do hate a
flaky
> > > ISP,,,,
> > >
> > > I've been told that BT do a freephone service now to their
ISP=20
arm
> > > using ISDN.
> > >
> > > I dumped HomeHighway about 6-8months ago, in preperation
for=20
ADSL...

> > > now I know we are not getting adsl, no cable service, so
i'm=20
left
> > > with two choices...
> > >
> > > ISDN (which used to cost me a fortune, if I wanted 128k) or
> > Satellite
> > > service, which is still a nightmare as it's only fast on the
> > > downwards band.
> > >
> > > I've been told by the colleague at work that he runs his
ISDN2e
> > > service in bonded mode via a router on a permanent
connection=20
basis.

> > > Now I know we've had the Terms and Conditions debate
before....I
> > > wonder where we now stand, as the goalposts seem to move on
a=20
daily

<mark@a...> wrote:
> [...]
Something=20
> > do
> > > with them moving location I think.  He hasn't had service
for a
> > while
> > > now although there has been talk of a free months sub for
the
> > hassle.

(Mark ?)

using=20
starspeeder.

for=20
use...

> > what
> > > he

it, if I=20
am
> > > not

Terms of
> > > Service.

 Terms of Service.

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=3D210156.1528652.3092242.1456760/D=3Degroupweb/S=3D1=
7

041992:HM/A=3D734184/R=3D0/*https:/www.jointhegoodcook.com/mybookclub/cook
> > in
> > > g/bookclubs/tgc/JoinFast/c2/c2_coupon.htm/?
> > src=3D015_02_hj_273_139_2219>
> > >

> > > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
> > M=3D210156.1528652.3092242.1456760/D=3Degrou
> > > pmail/S=3D1705041992:HM/A=3D734184/rand=3D288779402>

 Terms of Service.