RE: Re: WAS : Starspeeder NOW - ISDN Internet Access

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: WAS : Starspeeder NOW - ISDN Internet Access
  • From: "Timothy Morris" <timothy.morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 20:35:59 +0100

I've got 2e, which I now only use for voice, fax, and as a backup. I'm one
of the lucky people who's exchange was among the first to become ADSL
enabled - in fact before ISPs offered it as a product :)

I use CLIP, call forwarding, and call waiting and hold. You need to have a
proper ISDN PBX (BT Diverse cordless/Siemens gigaset is what I use). Call
hold is really useful as the call is put on hold at the exchange so you can
actually handle four calls at once (two active and two held).

The only thing I miss is automatic ringback - but the latest handsets have
an automatic redial feature where it will keep trying an engaged number
until it starts ringing.

BT have had automatic redial and three way conferencing on their to-do
list.
It is part of the DSS1 spec which means 2e should support it. Who knows
when
we'll get them.

Tim.

upto 254 IPs,

> [...]
> [...]