RE: Indulge my advert - Compaq Proliant for sale

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Indulge my advert - Compaq Proliant for sale
  • From: "Timothy Morris" <timothy.morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 17:44:42 +0100

It means that your PC has suffered an error which it cannot recover from, and as a result Windows has dissapeared up its own arsehole :). They are usually caused by badly written applications or device drivers.

Use Windows 2000, or from October XP, and your PC will hardly ever suffer from these providing you have well written drivers for your hardware. This has a lot to do with the fact that each application's memory space is protected in windows 2000 - so if an app does crash it doesn't bring down everything else with it.
I haven't seen one since upgrading to Service Pack 2 on Windows 2000! (Yippee)

Tim.