Re: OT - Motor Neuron Disease

I am very lucky to be involved with this group, as when I started looking
into HA a few years ago I had arhtritis which, whilst causing problems, did
not prevent me going to work etc. It is only since then I have really
benefitted from being able to switch off appliances and lights without
moving.

Most days I can get around fine, but for every good day unfortunately there
is a day which at least for a number of hours I am unable to move and
struggle. I consider myself lucky because I have done a lot to date, it is
put into perspective when at the hospital you meet some of the courageous
children with juvenile arthritis who have a smile as wide as their face.
One
of the factors behind my interest in HA is the possible benefits which it
holds for me in the future. I can control items with minimum movement, I
can
answer the do remotely, etc.

Brian sums it up nicely. I do have access to some of the kit which helps
improve my quality of life. Most importantly, the people in this group have
gone out of their way to help me set up this kit and given good me advice
when needed.

soryy for prattling on a bit
thanks all
Campbell