RE: CD players

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: CD players
  • From: "Timothy Morris" <timothy.morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 22:28:48 +0100

Title: RE: [ukha_d] CD players
Rather than surmising and pooh-poohing something why not try a few different interconnects (blind) and see if you can hear a difference? Better still invite a few friends round - if you use a HiFi shop rather than buying everything from the lowest priced web retailer they should be able to lend you a few at different price points to try. Get someone to change the interconnects without telling you which he is using and do a blind test. I suggest you listen to each one a few times (you might do it without telling your mates that they are listening to each more than once), and with different source material - but make sure you play the same stuff each time.

The trouble with cables of all types, analogue and digital, that unless you audition them blind there can be a case of "emporers new clothes". I always audition cables blind.

Tim.