RE: Panel-mount CAT5 sockets?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Panel-mount CAT5 sockets?
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 15:07:10 +0100

This sounds interesting, I have been thinking about uses for 'wasted' wires
in the CAT5 supplying phone sockets. I was thinking of having an IR
receiver
by each phone, but in fact I can see that there might be an argument for
some little 'dongle' to be made that has RJ45 plug, RJ11 socket and
incorporates DS1820 and IR receiver. Unless I have my sums wrong, it would
be possible for IR, Temperature and Phone to all work along a single CAT5
cable. Back at the patch pannel a corresponding 'dongle/splitter' could be
built that divided the RJ45 into the three signals (mind you this would
probably be easily acomplished using Krone Blocks). Comments?

Graham