Re: How t repair Garage Door Opener?

> Steven Dickson wrote:
>
> Guys,
>
> I dropped (from my pocket whilst half way up a ladder, ont  concrete)
> the remote control for the garage door opener last night and now it
> refuses t  work.  It's one of those 'radio' type ones.
>
> Before I end up destroying the thing how can I get it working again.
> The led still lights when the button is pressed.
>
> I've taken the cover off and there's a few bits that would perhaps
> have got messed up, two trimmers / pots, and an address bank switch.
> I'm presuming that I've probably altered the frequency slightly.
> There's not really allot else in there other than a few smt resistors
> and diodes and an smt QFP chip.
>
> I'm going to make a note of all the switch positions and then change
> one at a time, then try the pots.  Any ides on how I might know if the
> thing is transmitting anything in it's current state - haven't got a
> scanner?

The switches will most likly set the non-rolling code. If you have a
second remote, set the switches the same.. There will als  be a set the
same in the opener itself.

I would suspect a broken track on it near some heavy component. Its
possible that the switch is powering the LED but nothing else.

> Any help much appreciated.  It's a Kiwi unit and the manufacturers
> have since gone bust.

Oh dear, what brand is it? might find one around a junk shop here
then...