Re: Caller ID Yet again

As an aside I also played with the BT Callscape 100 unit.=20
This is a caller ID unit without a display but with a serial=20
interface inbuilt and some internal storage for a call information=20
which can be retrieved later.
Unfortunately the unit uses a proprietary software package=20
and the protocol for talking t  the external box is not released by=20
BT. At one stage they had a developer section on their site but this=20
is now dormant. I think the product also may be being discontinued=20
although it is available from telephones online for =A350.
I was at one stage going t  monitor the RS232 data and=20
reverse engineer the command protocol but never got around t  it. It=20
uses hardware handshake as well just to make it awkward.
I notice there is some new software from BT at=20
http://www.callscape.bt.com/callscape/cscon.htm
that adds support for=20
PIM products probably through a TAPI interface I am guessing so this=20
may be worth looking at again.
If anyone knows where they might get at this protocol it=20
would make a good cheapo device for HA.

Kevin

--=20