Re: OT: Fancy a free DVD?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: OT: Fancy a free DVD?
  • From: "Mark Hetherington" <mark.egroups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 11:46:24 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., "James Hoye" <james.hoye@s...> wrote:
> > >   Without looking at the link (browser knackered on my
machine)
> > the letters
> > > "E&OE" spring to mind....
> >
> > E&OE ?
>
> Errors & Omissions Excepted - a fairly standard get out clause in
case they
> mess things up - remember the fiasco when (Argos?) had TVs for a
few pounds
> on their site and people were ordering shedloads....

Well, just took a look myself and on the product page the following
text is displayed:

"This DVD is free to customers during August - just add it to your
basket.

Please note that the offer is limited t  one per household, and is
stricly whilst stocks last. "

So I went ahead and ordered assuming I would have to buy something t
get it free or at least pay postage, but at the checkout shipping was
free and I have my order acknowledgement.

Checking the site further reveals that "DVD postage is FREE, wherever
you are in the world!"

Whether it will actually arrive or not is of course another matter :)

Mark.