Re: [OT] Games Consoles

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [OT] Games Consoles
  • From: "David" <david.paterson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 11:33:05 -0000

Coo - something in my line of work for a change!!!

I'd go along with Stuart's recommendation and go for a Playstation or
Dreamcast, and more likely the former as there are a load more games
available for it (some even have my name on them, so go out and make
me some money NOW :-)

There again, as your kids grow up and want something better you'll
end up having to buy a better system so you should consider maybe
spending a bit more and going for a Playstation 2.

Of course there are new consoles coming out regularly (Micro$oft and
Nintendo will both have new systems out this year) so it's just like
every other computer/HA related area where you have to keep spending
more and more to keep up with the latest kit :-)

David P.

PS - nothing wrong with driving games - I heartily recommend Formula 1
Season 2000 Championship Edition on Playstation <vbg>

--- In ukha_d@y..., Keith Doxey <ukha@d...> wrote:
> Hi Stuart,
>
> thanks for that.
>
> I was thinking of the older stuff with the cartridge games etc
rather than
> something as recent as PS or Dreamcast but I might well consider
those now.

> I dont think I will be getting addicted t  any driving
games.....the last
> thing I will want to d  after spending upto 2 hours getting home
because of
> the summer traffic is to play a driving simulation !!!!
>
> Too busy building KAT5 stuff anyway :-)
>
> Keith

Dreamcast,
> both have their good points & their bad points.
>
> DC's have been discontinued, but there are still games being
developed for
> them, you don't have to get it chipped to play backup games and it's
> graphics
> & sound are better. You can even get an MP3 player for it &
run
Linux on
> it!!
>
> If you go for a playstation go for one of the older ones, not the
newer &
> smaller PS1's, these are hard to chip. However the fact that PS1's
are still
> in production means that there are more games coming out for the
> Playstation.
> On the downside you need to get it chipped (a mere trifle for a man
of your
> talents, the chip weighs in at about 5 quid) & it's graphics
aren't
as good
> as the Dreamcast. The playstation should be slightly cheaper as
well.

> Make sure whichever you buy that it comes with at least 2 joypads
&
a memory
> card (the bigger the better). I know you say it's not for you, but
when you
> play games like Bust-a-Move & Crash Team Racing you'll soon get
addicted :-)