Re: [OT] Games Consoles

You only have two choices really Keith, either a Playstation or Dreamcast,
both have their good points & their bad points.

DC's have been discontinued, but there are still games being developed for
them, you don't have to get it chipped t  play backup games and it's
graphics
& sound are better. You can even get an MP3 player for it & run
Linux on it!!

If you go for a playstation go for one of the older ones, not the newer
&
smaller PS1's, these are hard to chip. However the fact that PS1's are
still
in production means that there are more games coming out for the
Playstation.
On the downside you need to get it chipped (a mere trifle for a man of your
talents, the chip weighs in at about 5 quid) & it's graphics aren't as
good
as the Dreamcast. The playstation should be slightly cheaper as well.

Make sure whichever you buy that it comes with at least 2 joypads & a
memory
card (the bigger the better). I know you say it's not for you, but when you
play games like Bust-a-Move & Crash Team Racing you'll soon get
addicted :-)