FW: Automation of Garden Sprinkler with Homevision

  • To: "Ukha_d" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: FW: Automation of Garden Sprinkler with Homevision
  • From: "Ian B" <Ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 08:50:06 +0100

Ok then Mark. I have a six way system controlled by HV. I made a relay
board
to insulate any dodgy wiring on my part from HV. The early 4 way version
can
be seen on the files/pictures are of Yahoo. I still have the template for
the relay board if you want to use one of those. In round figures the
valves
are around a tenner each and the relays about a pound. The plumbing was
around ten quid all in as well. Some Cat 5, connectors and you're off. I
als  made a rather natty housing out of a drain cover and some plywood for
it all over the weekend. Wifey liked that although she is not s  keen on
the
Cat 5 to it (and the network extension I snuck into the kitchen when she
wasn't looking!). As always though the hosing and irrigation stuff costs a
fortune (Hozelok or however it is spelt). If you want more piccies just
ask.
Where in Sussex are you? I have rellys down Worthing way.

Ian