Re: FM sender with DDAR

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: FM sender with DDAR
  • From: jonny.g.farmer@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 20:06:11 -0000

Ihave the Veronica 500Mw transmitter with a 12v 400ma power supply.
With the standard wire, and properly earthed it gives me 75m range.

Question: Can I reduce the power by using a lower voltage supply?

Cheers

Jonathan

P.S. I a newbie to HA, and have lurked for a while - you all seem
such helpful chaps (and chapesses - Jenni :-) ) I thought you would
help!!

--- In ukha_d@y..., "steve@b..." <steve@b...> wrote:
> I think I remember seeing somewhere that it is legal t  transmit on
the
> radio band, but only for VERY short distances. Dn't remember where,
think it
> was a library book on home made radio trasnmitters which I read a
while ago.

> Steve

probably
wont go
> > >for
> > >more then a few hundred metres anyway....unless you buy the
bigger ones
> in
> > >which case you are asking to be caught.
> > >

> > And there speaketh the voice of the all-knowing Keith! - quite
right
> too! -
> > my testing suggests I am only getting about 30 metres range
(although I
> know
> > it "should" be able t  go t  a great deal more than
that...), and
when I