RE: Re: FM sender with DDAR

  • To: ukha_d <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: FM sender with DDAR
  • From: Keith Doxey <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 13:32:21 +0100

I think you will find that under the Wireless Telegraphy Act (or something
similar) that ANY of the Veronica Kits and Ready built units are perfectly
legal t  OWN.

I think that under the same legislation you will also find that they are
Illegal t  USE.

Anything that is legal such as certain CB's and RF remotes/keyfobs have a
notice that they are exempt MPT???? or something.

A transmitter that operates in UK broadcast bands is definately a NO-NO.
When I was the station engineer for Coastal Radio we had an RSL (Restricted
Service License) on 3 occasions. Each licence ran for 28 days and it was
illegal for us to power up the transmitter outside the permitted period. We
were also limited to 25W RF power and a maximum aeriel height of about 30
feet.

Thats the legal position, but as Paul says, if no-one knows about it then
nothing will happen. Just dont tune it t  a frequency where someone will
overhear it or it wipes out a genuine radio station. IT probably wont go
for
more then a few hundred metres anyway....unless you buy the bigger ones in
which case you are asking to be caught.

We have quite a few Soul Weekends at local holiday camps and there is
always
a Pirate Radio station set up for it. One year they were caught by the DTI
after choosing the same frequency as the local commercial station. Someone
complained they couldnt get Radio Broadland and the heavies descended upon
them.

Keith