Re[2]: HomeSeer and Voice

Gareth,

Thursday, April 26, 2001, 10:45:00 AM, you wrote:
Gareth> That's not what I asked !

You  asked:- "ok - I've installed HomeSeer. I have a server in my
loft, and I'd
like to  use voice recognition and text to speech. So - where do I start ?
Any
recommendations for microphone and speakers, and placement, and shielded
cable
types"
Therefore the letsautomate link is very appropriate.

Gareth> See - that link says to me - spend 300 quid - whereas homeseer
is 50 quid plus a
Gareth> mike and speaker - all I want to do is control the lights in my
lounge - so the
Gareth> letsautomate stuff is FAR too overkill for my needs.

If  you are after voice recognition using open air microphones then this is
it and
even after spending 300 quid it's not going to be that fantastic. If you
are after
voice recognition using telephones then use Homeseer Phone and the Phone
Switch.
If you are after voice recognition when sat at your computer then get a
cheap mic.

Gareth> G.

Vince