RE: OTish: WAP Phones...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OTish: WAP Phones...
  • From: "Primoz Gabrijelcic" <gabr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:00:02 +0200

> I'm going to buy my wife a new mobile in the next few days, has anyone
got
> any recommendations of phones with WAP capability - I'll been looking
at
> the Nokia 7110 - anyone got experience of it???

Nokia 7110 with latest firmware should be good choice. You should also
consider Nokia 6510, Siemens x35 series (all models - C, M and S have Wap
support), Ericsson 320 (and 520 although that one is most probably
overkill)
and newer Motorolas (sorry, don't know the model numbers). All have good
WAP
support.

If you want to use the phone for other communication tasks (as a 9600 GSM
modem to get your mail into your palm - for example), I'd suggest Siemens.
It has integral modem that understands all ITU AT commands (standards GSM
07.05 and 05.05) and will therefor work with most standards-complying
software. OTOH it should not be a problem to get similar software tailored
for the Nokia.

At the end, your choice should depent on the 'likeness' factor :-)

Primoz (using Siemens S35 to WAP around)