RE: Re: Now I am *REALLY* hacked off!!!

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Now I am *REALLY* hacked off!!!
  • From: "Dr John Tankard" <john@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 09:17:48 +0100

> HAH! - you're kidding aren't you! - BT? that bunch of money-
grabbing,
> feet-dragging, obstructionist, monopolist ***tards
<snip/
Well normally I'd be amongst the first to BT bash - but I was a bit
confused about John's case.
Surely the router had to be multi-link enabled to bond the two
channels simultaneously? Relying on the ISP to reject bonding
requests so that only one channel is used doesn't seem very sensible.
If this is right then BT can't take all the blame... Or am I barking
up the wrong tree here?

Patrick
/snip

Wrong tree, My router has always be set to single channel, it has never
connected using both channels. I want it that way so my phone / fax lines
are always ready to answer. When I rang the help line three months ago I
told them I was using home highway but wanted only one channel and that I
was on Anytime, on there help page it lists two numbers on for multichannel
and one for Anytime single channel, they just gave be the wrong number.
Perhaps I should have checked.

I have yet the here back from BT customer service team despite 5 phone
calls
lone letter and three emails, but I just hope they put there hands up and
correct their mistake, If they do my respect will be restored.

John