RE: Urgent question on AW10's

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Urgent question on AW10's
  • From: Eamon O'Gorman <eamonogorman@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 00:31:06 +0100

Has anyone had any thought on the safety aspect of having lighting/heating
automated. Say for example someone unaware of the set up in your house goes
to change a light fitting for example. Now this light may be activated by a
PIR after a certain time. There he is working away, having turned off the
light from the switch, then dusk sets in, he climbs up his ladder, and
bang...... Following on for this, does anyone know what the resulting
implications would be when he sues, would a normal house insurance cover
"automated homes".

Eamon