RE: HomeTech Replacement Meeting - Questions

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: HomeTech Replacement Meeting - Questions
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 11:51:52 +0100

OK I think we have a venue, it is an upstairs function room at a pub by
London Bridge, last time I was there it had several tables, a pool table
and
a little bar (though this may not be open).

However there is a slight problem, the pub is now very busy at lunch times
and so they use the upstairs for more meals. This means that we could not
have the room until 3pm and we would either have to pay for the room or
order a buffet or similar.

Now I haven't said anything in response to this yet, but what does everyone
think about chipping in for a buffet and getting the room for free ? The
landlord at the pub is a friend of a friend and will not be looking to rip
us off, but he does have to make some profit! I need to call the pub back
between 3pm and 5pm today, so let me have your comments by then. For
example
if buffet was a tenner a head then would that be OK and how long would we
want exclusive use of the room for (obviously we can stay as long as we
want
but he will want to open it to the public at some point).

Regards

Graham