Re: Wiring idea

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Wiring idea
  • From: <dorsai@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 10:32:25 -0000

Frank

I had already had a glance at IP Homenet and couldn't see the specific
facility you described there, you have now clarified that , thanks :)

I am unsure as to what will suit my needs some homebrew based on the ASEL
or
another video switcher, Keith's KAT 5 or something similar to IP Homenet.

Just checking out the options for now but whichever solution I decide on I
think it is going to be expensive (nothing new in that!).

Could you let me know when specific details of the solution for IP Homenet
are available?

Thanks

Mick

Frank Mooney <fm@xxxxxxx> said:

> Mick,
>
>     We have had on test for a number of months an A/V hub that has
been
tailored for the marketplace and is now in production. This hub is
> now a standard part of the  IP Homenet wiring system. Our web site is
currently being updated to reflect the change of our system from CT100
> Co-Ax to a complete Cat 5e system.I am aware of the work that Keith is
doing on his KAT5 project and please do not think that I am trying to
> railroad in any way. I was merely answering Ewen's initial e-mail.
>
> Frank
>

> Mick Furlong wrote:
>
> > Frank
> >
> > do you actually have a specific AV Hub in mind?
> >
> > The nearest I have seen to this is at this link
> > http://www.controlanything.com/html/asel.htm
which allows 8 input to 2
> > output stereo or 16 to 2 mono signals to be switched.It doesn't
really
> > allow any to any connectivity or switching.
> >
> > Mick
> >
> > On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:00:40 +0100, you wrote:
> >
> > >In a word, Yes. You only need 1 Cable medium. The termination
of the Cat
5e at all points is a universal RJ45 Outlet.

> > >Communication from The A/V Hub to the TV is via RJ45 to RJ45
at the
Patch Panel and an RJ45 flylead from the Cat 5e outlet to the Scart
> > >socket of the TV with a remote control reciever (Sky type
mouse) to send
the signals back to a decoder or any other device which you may
> > >have at Node 0.
> > >
> > >Frank

do you
terminate the