RE: Homevision Question On Weather Data

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Homevision Question On Weather Data
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha.diyha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 20:19:16 +0100

Dan wrote a script for ACE which can get weather data from a webpage.

I looked at it to see how it worked and wrote a script of my own to grab TV
listings from Ananova.

It can be done depending on how the page is written. If there is a fixed
format and an HTML tag or word on the screen that you can use as a
reference
you can parse the file and extract the required info. What you do with it
then is up to you.

I plan to put my TV data into a database with a web front end so that any
PC
in the house can view/search the listings. I also plan to use the iPaq as a
super remote which will show the listings and then touching the screen will
select the program.

Still got a way to go and then I need the Orinoco Wireless Kit mentioned
earlier toady. I was using some last week whilst I was away on business and
it rocks. I was in my room with some downloaded files on my laptop and we
transferred them to an iPaq in a workmates room at the other side of the
hotel ;-)

Rather than reinventing the wheel I would look at what Dan has done with
ACE.

HTH

Keith

Behalf Of