RE: Re[2]: Homeseer

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re[2]: Homeseer
  • From: "Phillip Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 19:19:46 +0100

When I first started on the X10 route I downloaded the HomeSeer demo and
played for a bit with it ... thought about buying it, thought about hacking
a copy (.13 and .14 are crackable of course as stated earlier) and then
thought better of it - there is another way around it which a fellow
ukha'er
worked out pretty easily (but he owns a legit copy which, I understand, is
how he worked out the workaround for the demo).

As I was pretty sure from the outset that I was going to go the HomeVision
route then I wasn't willing to shell out $80 for something that I was only
going to use for maybe three months at the longest but I'm glad to say that
I didn't rip off the software.

I don't think there is any reason - other than the obvious - to run the .13
or .14 versions but I guess we may be wrong. I hope so ... this is a small
enough crowd and it's through the support and work of the authors of
programs such as ACE and HomeSeer that we get to do what we do.

Phil