Re: Fw: [ACE] Epod for sale

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Fw: [ACE] Epod for sale
  • From: lardfest@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 13:01:56 -0000

I can verify that the Lucent kit works as advertised, basically the
Residential Gateway acts as an invisible bridge to your LAN. It can
serve up IP addresses VIA DHCP if you desire and also has a built in
modem.

Works great, even when the signal strength varies, web pages render
at a good speed (ePod using Terminal Services on NT4) no different
from desktop PC over 56K.

I've had the system running for a few weeks now and it is on 24x7 and
works very reliably! I'm sure my NT box will need a reboot soon
though. I have a few X10 devices connected controlled via Homeseer on
the same NT4 box. Homeseer web interface running on the ePod, next
stage is to add some more X10 devices and probably comfort.

Neill

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@v...>
wrote:
> Yup ... you can disable DHCP. This is the kit that I use ... except
for the
> fact that I unplugged the wireless lan card from my ePod and now
can't find
> it anywhere!
>
> Phil

wired.co.uk/acatalog/Unwired_Catalogue_ORiNOCO_Home_