RE: Home Highway...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Home Highway...
  • From: "Phillip Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 20:28:13 +0100

I swear to God that if the service level from this week is indicative of
what I should expect from BT and BT Internet then these guys can come back,
remove their kit and I'll go back to an analogue line and Virgin Internet!

I just checked back with BT Home Highway fault reporting and they have
confirmed that there is a fault at the exchange however they were unable to
effect a repair today so it's carry on with the analogue modem for now.
I've
just tried to connect to BT Internet some 20+ times via my analogue modem
and have been disconnected each time. I've tried to call the BT Internet 24
hour help line (at 50p a minute) and it's either engaged or simply rings
constantly with no answer.

I know that Keith works for BT and I had the greatest respect for them as a
company (I've always regarded the BT logo on a phone or service as implying
an air of reliability) but this sucks!

Sorry guys ... I have a steaming head cold and I'm not in the mood for this
today ... I was supposed to be uploading about 27 megs of data over this
afternoon and haven't been able to stay online for more than about 5
minutes!

Phil

I bet
> they'll be a damn sight quicker to complain if I send them
> three-quarters of
> a months payment for what may turn out to be three-quarters of a
months
> service.
>
> I'm not happy that I've been forced to go to Home Highway anyway but
the
> line quality out here "in the sticks" (in fact less than 2
miles outside
> Winchester) is so bad that on a decent US Robotics 56k modem I was
getting
> 1.7kbytes/sec average. To have to go to the expense of home highway to
get
> any sort of reasonable connect and transfer speed and then to
> have to resort
> to digging out my old analogue modem just takes the biscuit.
>
> Phil

connectors", and
> > makes the user actually check. Normally, when you say "is it
plugged
> > in?" you get "of course, do you think I'm an
idiot?" as the reply.

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/