RE: Home Highway...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Home Highway...
  • From: "Phillip Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 20:28:06 +0100

Nope ... I get "The computer you are dialling is not answering. Please
try
again later."

BT have said that it's likely to be a fault at the exchange end however
it's
got to be more than coincidental that our HH install took place on the 30th
March which is the day that we started getting messages backing up on our
Call Minder service. Now since the engineer visited the exchange and
attempted to resolve the problem with Call Minder at about 11:30 am
yesterday (the engineer phoned me on my mobile from the exchange whilst I
was out) I have been unable to connect to anything using HH!

Nothing has changed on my "Internet" PC here so it has to be the
HH kit at
the exchange end.

By the way Keith ... regarding your video + audio transmitters and
receivers. Is it possible to run several receivers (say in several bedrooms
and the living room) from a single transmitter in - what for me - would be
my home cinema room (i.e. what is now my garage)? In this way it would be
possible to watch a DVD in any room of the house.

Cheers

Phil

I bet
> they'll be a damn sight quicker to complain if I send them
> three-quarters of
> a months payment for what may turn out to be three-quarters of a
months
> service.
>
> I'm not happy that I've been forced to go to Home Highway anyway but
the
> line quality out here "in the sticks" (in fact less than 2
miles outside
> Winchester) is so bad that on a decent US Robotics 56k modem I was
getting
> 1.7kbytes/sec average. To have to go to the expense of home highway to
get
> any sort of reasonable connect and transfer speed and then to
> have to resort
> to digging out my old analogue modem just takes the biscuit.
>
> Phil

connectors", and
> > makes the user actually check. Normally, when you say "is it
plugged
> > in?" you get "of course, do you think I'm an
idiot?" as the reply.