Re: LED Video Displays

How about >GIMME ONE<

I have, for a fair while now, been thinking that the best solution to the
various problems of display technologies was to get a tried and tested
technology like LEDs, and just build your own.

How, given clusters of RGB LEDs suitably balanced, and driven with 256bit
resolution,
The whole concept of just buiding your own home brew LEd video wall is one
that, whilst being expensive, would provide a technology that you just
aren't going to get any other way.

now, the question is whether you can get 3mm RGB LEDs in mega quantites at
silly discount.

My display wall, (where I would put a projector screen) is about Eight Feet
across, an Four and a Half Feet high, thus, with a "pixel" size
of  3mm is
just over 800 pixels, by 450 pixels.

Hmmm. probably need smaller LEDs. perhaps SMT leds are the way to go. :)

Ian.