Re: First MP3 results in - Tim eats his words!

Tim

Good to see your results so far.  I have recently been looking into encoding my CD collection and have followed these threads for the last few weeks with interest.   I also decide on EAC and LAME as the software of choice, at least from the free software available.  One thing puzzles me, why RazorLame?  Why not just use EAC, it interfaces with the LAME DLL?

I ripped a few tracks and encoded at 128, 160 and 192.  I also tried 128, Variable Bit Rate.  I couldn't tell any of them from the original.  You are saying, I presume, that while anything above 128 is acceptable for your first sample the second sample requires more, something up to 320.  Have you tried VBR?  The concept seems great to me, get the full bit rate where it's needed and save memory where it's not.  I'd rather choose one rate (setting) for all my encoding than try and work it out on an album by album basis.

Let us know more, and please try VBR if you haven't already.

Regards

Nick

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
www.newaydirect.com