RE: A Question For The Lads...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: A Question For The Lads...
  • From: "Phillip Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 18:10:53 +0100

Dang! Can anyone say the phrase "ground loop"?

Thanks for the pointer Keith ... I should have remembered this from my car
hifi days but whipping out all the signal cables gives "silence"
even with
the QuadScan on. Slipping the very tips of the component video phonos into
the sockets is fine (albeit a little kinky perhaps) but as soon as the
shields mate ... back comes the noise.

The next question (I guess) has to be can I just snip the grounds on the
S-Video and component video cables going to the QuadScan one end? (In this
way at least they're grounded at one end.)

Oh yeah - question for Keith too ... I want to run a decent distance
between
my amp and subwoofers. Unbalanced cables are not the greatest at rejecting
noise at anything over a couple of metres and so I was wondering whether
you
have any sort of unbalanced to balanced transmitter and balanced to
unbalanced receiver circuit layouts around that I could maybe press into
use
for this purpose?

Phil

QuadScan