Video Server

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Video Server
  • From: ewenjc@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 15:03:24 -0000

I'm about to replace my aging PC and want to use the new one as a mp3
jukebox and a video server.

Should I go Windows 2000, 98, ME?  It seems 2000 is best but I had
problems a few years ago with getting drivers and software for NT 4.0
so I'm cautious about 2000.

Should I go AMD, Intel III or Intel 4?  Intel 4 might be slightly
more expensive but not much and might be quicker for video.

I won't mention the choice of graphics card as that has been heavily
discussed already.

TIA Ewen