Re: Homevision Question!

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Homevision Question!
  • From: Kevin Hawkins <tivo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 00:22:29 +0100

Title: Re: [ukha_d] Homevision Question!
Kenneth,

   All is possible....

   I assume you're simply doing a translation on the housecode for the On  / Off control. The dim & bright commands are sent without any associated unit code and operate on the last X10 device that was addressed . So assuming that some of the other buttons on your HR10 relate to the 'normal' house code (for reference let's suppose this is A) ,then you need to kludge it a bit in HV.

   Let's assume the HR10 is addressing A2 (phantom) as your LD10 which is really in fact on B3. You need to keep a record (in a variable) of the last 'A' unit code that was received by HV and if that last code was for the LD10 (A2) then you need to resend any Dim or Bright commands received on 'A' out on the LD10's housecode (B). The same number of Dim or Brights should be sent. The record could just a flag if preffered ( A2 or NotA2).

   You could streamline this a bit by repeating any 'A' dim or brights that HV sees immediately after having done your ON or OFF translation up until any non A2 unit code is received - this avoids monitoring continually.

   There is also a potential problem that could crop up if other devices exist on the B housecode. If one was addressed during this sequence then the dim or brights would get diverted to the newly addressed unit in error. You could if you were being thorough watch for and safeguard against this too.

   You  must (of course) not have any real module on the 'phantom' unit code A2.

   Hope that helps a tad

   Kevin