Re: OT - Network Black Hole?

Heres a snippet from the ICS config Read Me...I say this is the
problem..loop-back error may mean ICS isn't forwarding it to the local
host.

=== INTRODUCTION ===

When Microsoft released the "second edition" of Windows 98, they
included an
optional component called "Internet Connection Sharing" (ICS).
ICS allows a
network of users to share a single internet connection through a process
called Network Address Translation (NAT).

ICS allows any OUTGOING connection to take place. Therefore any client
computer can surf the net, or send and receive email. However, INCOMING
connections, like those required for a web server, are another story
entirely. ICS blocks incoming connections on all ports unless they are
explicity opened.

Unfortunately, ICS does not include any means to open or configure port
access. This program, ICSCFG, allows you to do just that. You can open or
close port access. You can create new port mappings. You can even have ICS
forward incoming connections to any interior machine.

HTH
Neil