Re: OT - Network Black Hole?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: OT - Network Black Hole?
  • From: andy.powell@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 15:33:23 +0200

Was he ever running a firewall? If he was/is  is it ZoneAlarm? Sometimes
it doesn't shut down properly and still blocks traffic.. the best way to
get around it is to take ZA out of the startup and restart the machine. If
he's not running a firewall then is the modem answering? is TCP/IP
installed on the machine he's calling from?

I assume he/she's not at home but is just trying to call up from work...

I know some of these questions may insult his/her/your intelligence but I
have to ask...

A.

"Mark McCall" <mark@xxxxxxx>
09/04/2001 15:25