RE: Slightly OT: home cinema

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Slightly OT: home cinema
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kennethwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 23:08:08 +0100

That's interesting Keith, I had a Sharp XVC20 and it suffered the same
problem, getting dimmer through time. I now use a Toshiba MT1 and have not
noticed anything untoward yet after about five months and it get really
heavy use at times, additionally it is reasonably quite, certainly much
quieter than a Sony and three Sharps I have tried.

Plasma is dead! Long live LCD. Watch this space and mark my words, within
the next year or so LCD will take over the top end CRT and plasma screen
markets. By third quarter 2002 Sharp will have LCD with a 60 degree viewing
angle on sale at roughly ?23-28 an inch, bye bye CRT, its been nice knowing
you :o)

The factories are built, it's just the tooling for mass production that
needs sorted. Plasma is too unreliable for domestic use so far and way too
expensive for the general public to be remotely interested.

K.