RE: Slightly OT: home cinema

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Slightly OT: home cinema
  • From: "Phillip Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 14:25:46 +0100

Ding ding .... end of round one.

Back to your corners please gentlemen.

Can we all go back to playing nicely? If Tim thinks his plasma is the mutts nuts then great ... I for one dearly want plasma to be as good as CRT as it would then address many problems and issues that face anyone wanting a large image in a small room or who can't get a 130lb ceiling wart past their "change-control".

I'm looking forward to seeing this display and I'd like to think that I can lob an appraisal up here afterwards *WITHOUT* getting anyones back up. (This is not "aimed" at anyone - I've just seen these Defcon escalations before and I don't want to be the cause of one!)

If Tim is happy for me to do so then I'd like to take up my digital camera too ... I've sometimes been able to pull off some quite reasonable screenshots using a tripod and my last camera so maybe I can get some good ones from my new one. Maybe even put something up on the Automated Home website Mark? (I know that I have a few reviews that I still owe you and I'll get them done as soon as I get chance.)

Cheers

Phil