RE: Home Video Server?

  • To: ukha_d <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Home Video Server?
  • From: Keith Doxey <ukha.diyha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 09:28:20 +0100

What a coincidence!

I copied a DiVx file onto my P200 to see if the K6-2-400 (ATI Rage Fury)
could play it over the network. No problem.

The P200 hasnt got enough guts to play the file itself without stuttering
but the picture was fine (ATI All In Wonder Pro) although it succesfully
sent it to two other machines. The P233 streamed the file Ok and played the
audio with no problems but the picture was screwed. That also happens when
the CD is in that machine, I think its the On-Board graphics that cant hack
it.

Interestingly I also tried streaming over the network from a CD drive (My
Ricoh CDRW) and to one machine it was fine. When I tried to stream to two
machines the CD drive sounded like it was trying to saw through the disk!
NOT Recommended :-)

Keith