RE: Hometech Tickets, has anyone received them?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Hometech Tickets, has anyone received them?
  • From: "Phillip Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 20:25:21 +0100

*chortle*

I've just spent the day at the funeral of my grandmother-in-law (yeah - OK so it's not a recognised term but you know what I mean).

At the family gathering afterwards I was accosted by a female in-laws family member (who I've never met) and told that I was nuts having a 6ft screen hanging from my living room ceiling and a 130lb CRT projector taking up the dining table. Another "in-law" - who again I hadn't met said "I heard you have 8 speakers in your living room..." another was incredulous that I'd spent £200 on a remote control (I hadn't told her!), others had heard that I'm converting my garage into a small home cinema and even more were asking about the new Olympus E10 (which I'd been asked to take down to do some family group photos) ... stupid me though got so surrounded with people discussing my "toys" between them that I blurted out "So who's got the job of ripping the p**s out of my electric curtain rails then?"...

..."What electric curtain rails?" came about eight simultaneous replies?

Madness is only relative ... and in my family it seems I'm the relative with the madness!

Phil