Re: Cable Modem

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Cable Modem
  • From: "John Benfield" <john.benfield@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 09:39:13 +0000

>I am  getting my Cable Modem installed on 7th April. I have already got
th=
e CM  delivered and have phoned NTL to get the MAC address registered.
>I have  a phone line, bsic digital TV and a 64k Cable Modem for =A317
per =
month - that  can't be bad :-)

>My  Father has the 512k modem and it *really* flies!!
>I do  most of my big downloads at work and I only occasionally surf at
hom=
e. I just  wanted the 'always on' feature for the internet at home.
>Now I  should be able to run that Homeseer server :-)

Michael,

DONT DO IT. This is a serious warning. I had a 64K cable modem (again most
=
downloading is done at work). I just couldn't resist though. Just got
upgra=
ded to 512K over the weekend !!

Regards
John Benfield

=
plea=
se notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised
=
copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is
stric=
tly forbidden.