RE: Lower Lower Price on DDAR

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Lower Lower Price on DDAR
  • From: "Timothy Morris" <timothy.morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 09:06:10 +0100

Count me out - you know my feelings on mp3 :)

On a more serious note, I should be in a position to do the blind test on
encoding rates later today. I've downloaded the LAME encoder. I was
intending to use it with CDex 1.30, but have read elsewhere that it is best
to rip the CD first. Is that the case or should I be OK with what I've got.

I'm intending to use several tracks from the remastered Ella Fitzgerald
"The
Song Books" series, about ten CDs in all. They were all originally
recorded
in the 50s when stereo engineers really earned their pay!

I'll start with 128Kb/s and try with successively higher data rates with
and
without VBR. Any suggestions on using VBR?

Tim.